Travels and conferences
5-12 November 2014, I traveled for CBI in Colombia. Subsequently 12-15 November I went to Sintercafe (see below). My activities were dedicated to visiting conferences:
- 11 – 15 October: I participated in the IFOAM General Assembly and Conference in Istanbul.
- 12 – 15 Nov 2014: At Sintercafe in Costa Rica, I presented on ‘Trends in the Trade of Certified Coffees’
- I was co-writer of the new edition of the Coffee Barometer 2014 (July 2014)
- Since 2009, I am consultant for the project: ‘Promotion of Organic Coffee Production in Brazil’ Tierra Nova Fonds 2009-2016
- 1- 5 September, 2014 Lima, Tarapoto, Satipo: I conducted three workshops on ‘Opportunidades para Exportadores de Café y Cacao en el Union Europea’ for CBI and Promperu
- 19 – 25 October, 2014 Paris: EXPRO seminar for tea and coffee exporters from Indonesia and Vietnam for CBI
- 24 – 29 November, 2014 Kenya, Nairobi: BSOD Training for the CBI Kenya Tea programme. Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries.
- 25 – 31 January 2015 Kenia, Nairobi: Company visits in Kericho for the CBI Kenya Tea programme
International Trade Fairs
- 24 – 26 September, 2014: COTECA, Hamburg Coffee-Tea-Cocoa Expo
- 19 – 23 October 2014: SIAL, ‘the world’s largest food innovation place’
- 11 – 14 February, 2015: BioFach, The world’s leading Trade Fair for Organic Food, Nuremberg
‘Coffee Barometer 2014.’ Panhuysen, S. & Pierrot, J., March 2014. Coffee Barometer 2014 explores the global and local dimensions of the coffee production system, by observing how the social, economic and ecological aspects are intertwined. In view of the challenges faced by the coffee sector, market development for sustainable coffee and its procurement by the world’s Top Ten coffee roasters will be discussed. In conclusion, diverse aspects of a sustainable coffee sector have been linked to an agenda that places coffee farmers at the centre of strategies for change. ‘Trends in the Trade of Certified Coffees.’ Pierrot, J.; Giovannucci, D; Kasterine, A. – 2011 Statistics on imported volumes of certified coffees. ITC-International Trade Centre, Geneva